General Writing and Grammar Help/That vs. which #2

Question
Dear Ted:

From the online grammar site you mentioned in your message:

These sentences are not the same. The first sentence tells us that you have just one office, and itís located in Cincinnati. The clause WHICH has two lunchrooms gives us additional information, but it doesnít change the meaning of the sentence. Remove the clause and the location of our one office would still be clear: Our office is located in Cincinnati.

My question is this:

Don't you think the sentence ".....The clause WHICH has two lunchrooms....." should read, ".....The clause THAT has two lunchrooms....."?

Thank you.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

My question is this:

*** I can't answer your question, because it is not valid.  You have taken partial words out of their original context.  How these words are used in a sentence determines whether they are essential or non-essential.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt