General Writing and Grammar Help/Will you get me? or Will you come get me?

Question
Dear Ted:

I have three more questions to ask.

1) First, don't you think that it's better to say "Will you get me?" rather than "Will you come get me?" just because it's a shorter way to convey the same meaning or to say the same thing?

2) Second, regarding punctuation, in the question/sentence:

If I want to use "Will you come.....", should I say, "Will you come TO get me?" or "Will you come AND get me?"

Does the first comma (the one after "Will you come.....) go before or after the quotation marks?

3) Third and finally, is it "The sentence is CORRECTLY WRITTEN" or "The sentence is WRITTEN CORRECTLY"?

Again, many, many thanks for your kind help.

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

I have three more questions to ask.

*** Yes.

*** Technically, the comma comes BEFORE the closing quotation marks, because it is at the end of an introductory adverbial clause, beginning with "if."

*** Either way is correct.  Since "correctly" is an adverb, where it is placed does not matter, as long as it makes sense.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt