General Writing and Grammar Help/Be over someone

Question
Dear Ted:

What does "to be over someone" mean?

Would you please give me some examples of how to use the above phrase correctly?

Thank you,

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

What does "to be over someone" mean?

*** You can also say "to get over someone."  It means that whatever emotional connection you had with another person has now ended.

EXAMPLES:

To show that she has gotten over the man she thought she loved, she returned the engagement ring he gave her.

I thought that John was my good friend, but I got over that idea when I found he had betrayed me.

As a child, Jimmy wanted to be a cowboy, but when he grew older, he got over that desire.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt