General Writing and Grammar Help/In the case

Question
Dear Ted,
Please indicate if the text in the e-mail bellow is grammatically correct. I am particularly in doubt about the correct verbal time following “in the case” (“in the case I CANNOT LOCATE”) and about repeating the word “for” when listing the manuals I require.
Thank you.

E-mail:

I will check, and revert back to you in the case I cannot locate the manuals for PD and for FI.
Following your comments, I will search the aforementioned documentation in the following TNs: 1 and 2.

Answer
Dear Leonardo:

*** The use of "revert" is questionable.  I did some research and found that the verb is
used in India and Pakistan to mean "reply."  It is NOT common in English-speaking countries. In most English-speaking countries, "revert" means to change back to what it once was.  EXAMPLE:  When the princess kissed the frog, it reverted to being a handsome prince.

*** You do NOT need to repeat the preposition "for."  A preposition can have two or more objects at times.

Here is my version of the sentence:

I will check and will get back to you in case I cannot locate the manuals for PD and FI.

In the second version or sentence, I suggest that you place the preposition "for" after the
verb "search."  

Leonardo, I see no problems with your "time" situation.  The sentence is very clear to
me.

Ted  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt