General Writing and Grammar Help/difference.. c

How are you?
What is the difference between a) and b)?

A) I cannot say I enjoyed "Heart of Darkness." But it HAS BEEN burned into my memory for all time.

B) I cannot say I enjoyed "Heart of Darkness." But it WILL BE burned into my memory for all time.

Hello Hame,

The difference between the two sentence is just a difference in verb tense--past versus future.  In A, the speaker/writer has already committed the book into his/her memory.  In B, the speaker/writer will burn the book into his/her memory.

Dr. D

General Writing and Grammar Help

Deborah Burgess

Essays--I can assist students with questions concerning the process of writing an essay including preparation of an outline, development of a topic, development of the thesis statement and topic sentences, and paragraph development. I can assist students in helping them determine the proper rhetorical modes for their essay (narration, illustration, description, process analysis, comparison and contrast, and argumentation. I am able to answer questions concerning rules of style for a research paper including referencing sources. I am able to address questions regarding punctuation and grammar.

I teach a writing workshop for the University of Phoenix (Richmond Campus) and two college courses: Essentials of College Writing and Elements of Composition.

Doctor of Management--University of Phoenix Masters in Human Resources--George Washington University B.A.--French and Linguistics, Oakland University