General Writing and Grammar Help/grammar

Question
Hello sir, It's nice texting to you again. hope you are doing good. sir, could you please explain the following situations.  

01. If you write to him he would also write to you.

02. If you write to him he also could write to you.

03. If you write to him he might also write to you.

04. If you write to him he will also write to you.

thank you very much in advance sir. wish you a nice day ahead.

Answer
Dear Buddhi:

*** I have not heard from you for a long time.  It is good to get your question.  I hope
you are doing well.  

**** The correct sentence is "If you WOULD WRITE to him, he WOULD ALSO WRITE to you."  This
sentence is called "conditional."  The conditions are that YOU must first write and then HE will write back to you.

**** First, YOU must do the writing.  Then, he COULD respond, but the use of "could"
says that he must make the choice.  In other words, he MAY or MAY NOT answer you.

**** This sentence is a variation on the second sentence.  There is no certainty that he
will respond to you.  There is just the possibility that he MIGHT, which does not mean
that he WILL.

**** Buddhi, this sentence is the strongest and the most direct.  It is an "if-then" sentence.
IF you start the process by writing to HIM, he will definitely write back to YOU.

I recommend #4 over the other three.  There is a certainty involved:  You write; he answers.

*** You are very welcome.  I also wish you a good day.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt