General Writing and Grammar Help/You had in the previous few days

Question
Dear Ted:

In one of your previous messages, you wrote the following:

Paolo, if [on Monday], you are continuing to experience the same problems YOU HAD IN THE PREVIOUS FEW DAYS, you need to use the present progressive form, to indicate that the problems are continuing: I have been having a bad week.

My question is this:

Would it be equally correct to write, "Paolo, if [on Monday], you are continuing to experience the same problems YOU HAVE HAD IN THE PREVIOUS FEW DAYS,....."?

If so, would the meaning of the sentence change?

Thank you,

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

My question is this:

*** Yes, it would be correct to write your sentence.  The meaning of the sentence would
be the same.  You have the option of choosing the verb tense you like.

These sentences are two very good examples of saying the same thing using two slightly
different methods.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt