General Writing and Grammar Help/RE: Sorry for the delay in getting back to you......

Question
Dear Ted:

You wrote the following:

They are both possible, but their meanings are somewhat differed.

My question is this:

Did you mean to write ".....but their meanings are somewhat differeNT"?

If not, what does "differed" mean?

Thank you,

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

You wrote the following:

My question is this:

If not, what does "differed" mean?

*** I should stop volunteering at Allexperts.  Although I try to be especially
careful in typing answers, my keyboard sometimes sticks and that causes additional
problems for me.  I am still recovering from my last eye injection on Thursday, and
I had no computer or telephone service for four day.  During those four days, the
questions sent to me amassed into a large collection.

That being said, I made another typographical error.  The word I obviously meant
to write was "different."

I apologize, once again.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt