General Writing and Grammar Help/Because of.....

Question
Dear Ted:

Which of the following sentences is correct?

1) Because of his illness, Jerry Orbach limited the number of scenes to four of five IN the last episodes of his Law & Order career.

2) Because of his illness, Jerry Orbach limited the number of scenes to four of five ON the last episodes of his Law & Order career.

IN YOUR OWN WORDS, HOW WOULD YOU EXPRESS THIS CONCEPT?

Thank you,

Paolo

Answer
Dear Paolo:

*** Paolo, it seems that I just answered a very similar version of this question.  I am doing my best to answer all your questions in a timely manner, but I am asking that you not send "near
duplicates."

*** I'm not sure what you mean by "four OF five."  Are you suggesting that he was supposed to do FIVE scenes and decided to do just FOUR?

*** For the preposition choice, I would use either one.  My preference, however, would be "in."

REVISION:

Because of his illness, Jerry Orbach chose to appear in just FOUR scenes IN his "Law & Order" career.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt