General Writing and Grammar Help/grammar

Question
sir, can we use the past deduction of modal verbs to refer to the future as given below.

01. you must have read this book by next week.

02. You should have completed this task by next Monday.

sir, if the above given structures are possible, are there some more?. If there are, could you please provide me with them?. Thank you very much sir.

Answer
Dear Buddhi:

When you evaluated my LAST message to you, you filed to check the box for "volunteer of
the month."  I hope that I did not do something wrong.

*****

*** No, these sentences are not good.  It is not acceptable to use the present perfect tense in reference to something that should or will happen in the future.  You are making the sentences
very complicated.

Correct sentence #1 -- You MUST READ this book by next week.
Correct sentence #2 -- You SHOULD COMPLETE this task by next Monday.

Modal auxiliary verbs are difficult to understand.  Buddhi, keep your sentences as simple and easily read as possible.

Did these sentences come from an assignment or a workbook?  If they did, please send me
the entire assignment, so that I can advise you about it.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt