General Writing and Grammar Help/I have been sick

Question
Dear Ted:

What does the following sentence imply? Does it imply that I'm still sick or does it imply that my sickeness has ended?

I have been sick [probably a virus] for the last few days.

In a letter, if I want to write that I have been sick for a certain period of time, but now my sickness is over, what should I write?

Thank you,

Paolo

P.S. Ted, is the sentence "In a letter, if I want to write that I HAVE BEEN sick for a certain period of time, but now my sickness is over, what should I write?" correct or should I have written, "In a letter, if I want to write that I WAS sick for a certain period of time, but now my sickness is over, what should I write?"

Answer
Dear Paolo:

What does the following sentence imply? Does it imply that I'm still sick or does it imply that my sickeness [SICKNESS] has ended?

*** The implication is that you are still sick.

*** I was sick for several days this past week, but now I am feeling better.

Thank you,

Paolo

*** Both of these sentences are correct.

Ted

General Writing and Grammar Help

Ted Nesbitt