General Writing and Grammar Help/sentence-clause-phrase

What kind of sentence is it?is it an adverbial clause or is it an adverbial phrase?
After eating my lunch, I went to school.

Your example is indeed a sentence, and it can also be viewed as an independent clause taking up the whole sentence, but it is not a phrase. Part of the sentence or clause is an adverbial prepositional phrase (after eating my lunch).

If you have further questions on this issue, Dan, please ask a follow-up.  

General Writing and Grammar Help

Richard Johnson

I can answer any question--usually the same day--on correct English grammar, usage, and (non-fiction) writing style, usually the same day, based on the American practice. All answers are explained, and I encourage follow-up.

I'm a retired editor and a lifelong student of this subject. My library includes a great many works to which I've referred through the years. I currently rely primarily on the sixteenth edition of The Chicago Manual of Style.

For over 30 years I edited the newsletter of my own organization, which had different names but was last known as

BA, Brooklyn College. Advanced studies in economics and political science.

For many years a member of Mensa.