General Writing and Grammar Help/Have one's way - get one's way

Is there a difference between "to HAVE one's way" and "to GET one's way"?

If so, when should I use each of them?

Would you please give me some examples?

Thank you

In practical terms, Paolo, these expressions are interchangeable. With "have" the focus is on the result, and with "get" the focus is on achieving the result. No examples would be helpful, because whenever you could use one of these you could alternatively use the other.

General Writing and Grammar Help

Richard Johnson

I can answer any question--usually the same day--on correct English grammar, usage, and (non-fiction) writing style, usually the same day, based on the American practice. All answers are explained, and I encourage follow-up.

I'm a retired editor and a lifelong student of this subject. My library includes a great many works to which I've referred through the years. I currently rely primarily on the sixteenth edition of The Chicago Manual of Style.

For over 30 years I edited the newsletter of my own organization, which had different names but was last known as

BA, Brooklyn College. Advanced studies in economics and political science.

For many years a member of Mensa.