Genetics/Genetics

Question
My boyfriend is mixed(half black half hispanic)and I'm black and native american descent. Is it possible that if we have multiple kids, like maybe 6+, some can turn out looking full hispanic or full black and so on? Because I've noticed in mixed ethnicity/race families some kids look mixed but others look like one race or the other.

Answer
Hi Diane,
Since both of you share genes of one descent (black)- the highest likelihood, as you observed, will be children with black features. However, you both may also share to some extent, native American genes (I say this because, you described yourself as half-Hispanic, and Hispanics can carry some genetic elements of native American descent). So my guess is, the likelihood in descending order would be children with: a) full black followed by b) native American, c) mixed and d) Hispanic looks. But which of the above would occur in any one of the pregnancy is purely  a matter of chance.
Best,
T

Genetics

Thanemozhi Natarajan