Genetics/What will my Baby look like?

Hi I am curious to what my child will look like.
Both me and my husband have pale white skin and brown hair.
I have brown eye but my mom and all of her family have blue eyes and some of my dads family has blue eyes.
My husband has blue eyes and all of his family have blue eyes.
I'm 5'4 and my husband is 6'5.

Hi Devin,

There is a  25 % chance that your child will be fair colored with blue eyes. Looks like you may have one gene for blue but brown dominates. Assuming your husband has two genes for blue eyes, your child may also have a chance for hazel eyes. The height can vary. There are tall children born to short parents and vice versa.  There is good chance for your child to tall. Hair color may be light brown.

Thanemozhi Natarajan

Answers in Genetics, genomics, cytogenetics of syndromes, congenital anomalies, cancer, clinical genomics and interpretation of omics data.

More than 10 years. Doctoral research thesis on Congenital anomalies and cytogenetics, Recurrent reproductive failure and chromosomal abnormalities. Postdoctoral experience in Breast cancer research. Current: Clinical Genomics and Pharmacogenomics.

Cancer Cell International, Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers and Prevention, Breast cancer research and treatment, Indian Journal of Pediatrics, BMC Proceedings, Pharmacogenetics and Genomics, Human Molecular Genetics, Frontiers in Genetics, Cancer Biomarkers.

PhD Biomedical Genetics

University Grants Commission Award for pursuing PhD level research (India); Travel awards to attend conferences.

Post doctoral experience Cancer research, molecular epidemiology Current: Clininical Genomics and Pharmacogenomics