Genetics/Synthetic biology

I don't know if this question falls under what expertise, but hopefully it's within yours.

Is it possible to chemically create a basic cell from nothing more than the elements of the periodic table?

I mean create life without using any compound from a living organism. To rephrase given that we have all 92 elements of the periodic table, is it possible to use them to create organic chemicals and use the organic chemicals to create living organisms?

The answer is definitely a NO. Cells are nno doubt made of same elements as those you find in periodic table, which are the same found on Earth and distant planets and objects in the Universe. However, to create a cell, requires more than that. DNA can be synthesized and placed inside the body of a microbe. But to create the body of a single cell microbe, has not been achieved.

Thanemozhi Natarajan

Answers in Genetics, genomics, cytogenetics of syndromes, congenital anomalies, cancer, clinical genomics and interpretation of omics data.

More than 10 years. Doctoral research thesis on Congenital anomalies and cytogenetics, Recurrent reproductive failure and chromosomal abnormalities. Postdoctoral experience in Breast cancer research. Current: Clinical Genomics and Pharmacogenomics.

Cancer Cell International, Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers and Prevention, Breast cancer research and treatment, Indian Journal of Pediatrics, BMC Proceedings, Pharmacogenetics and Genomics, Human Molecular Genetics, Frontiers in Genetics, Cancer Biomarkers.

PhD Biomedical Genetics

University Grants Commission Award for pursuing PhD level research (India); Travel awards to attend conferences.

Post doctoral experience Cancer research, molecular epidemiology Current: Clininical Genomics and Pharmacogenomics