Genetics/Baby'Complexion and Features

My Partner(On the left)
My Partner(On the left  
Hello and thanks for your service!

My partner and I are an interracial couple. I'm African-American and he is of European descent. We are currently thinking about starting a family and  wanted to know, what complexion might our possible child be and what features will more likely be pronounced onto them?

Below is a picture of me and a picture of him. My partner is on the left.

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for your question.

Since African-American features are dominant over the European features, your child is likely to share your looks. The child is likely to have your hair and texture but hair color could be light brown. Complexion will be tanned or light brown. Facial features will be aligned with yours. But also please bear in mind, that if your husband had an African-American in the lineage, they will be more enhanced. On the other hand, if you had a Caucasian somewhere in your lineage, these will be enhanced.

Well... whatever be the complexion, I am sure the baby will be a wonderful, healthy and beautiful baby. Congratulations and all the best!

Thanemozhi Natarajan

Answers in Genetics, genomics, cytogenetics of syndromes, congenital anomalies, cancer, clinical genomics and interpretation of omics data.

More than 10 years. Doctoral research thesis on Congenital anomalies and cytogenetics, Recurrent reproductive failure and chromosomal abnormalities. Postdoctoral experience in Breast cancer research. Current: Clinical Genomics and Pharmacogenomics.

Cancer Cell International, Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers and Prevention, Breast cancer research and treatment, Indian Journal of Pediatrics, BMC Proceedings, Pharmacogenetics and Genomics, Human Molecular Genetics, Frontiers in Genetics, Cancer Biomarkers.

PhD Biomedical Genetics

University Grants Commission Award for pursuing PhD level research (India); Travel awards to attend conferences.

Post doctoral experience Cancer research, molecular epidemiology Current: Clininical Genomics and Pharmacogenomics