who makes the better gps r garmin or magellan

Hi Brian!

Here is a web based comparison of several Garmin and Magellan products:

That being said, I have used both types and I personally prefer Garmin.  I feel they have better accuracy and are more user friendly (of course, that second point is probably more of a personal preference).

I currently use the Garmin GPSMAP76C.  It is a marine model but it has all of the capabilities of a street GPS including the ability to download road maps for the navigation (which I high recommend investing in if you are going to purchase...the road maps are very handy).  I prefer the 76 because it has a larger display than some of the smaller models.  Nevertheless, some of the $100 Garmin models are still very nice for a starter GPS.

Nathan (Lotus)

I can answer questions about Geocaching rules, customs, and guidelines. I can also provide advice about what types of features you should look for when buying a GPSr for Geocaching. I also provide assistance in solving puzzle-related Geocaches (or at least my best attempt - no guarantees).

I have been an active Geocacher for over 4 years and have over 2000 finds and 100 hides.

I use a Garmin GPSMAP 76CS.