Geocaching/gps

Question
who makes the better gps r garmin or magellan

Answer
Hi Brian!

Here is a web based comparison of several Garmin and Magellan products:

http://www.gpsinformation.org/dale/mvsg.htm

That being said, I have used both types and I personally prefer Garmin.  I feel they have better accuracy and are more user friendly (of course, that second point is probably more of a personal preference).

I currently use the Garmin GPSMAP76C.  It is a marine model but it has all of the capabilities of a street GPS including the ability to download road maps for the navigation (which I high recommend investing in if you are going to purchase...the road maps are very handy).  I prefer the 76 because it has a larger display than some of the smaller models.  Nevertheless, some of the $100 Garmin models are still very nice for a starter GPS.

Geocaching

Nathan (Lotus)