You said in your profile that you could answer these, so would you please?

What are/is Travel Bugs, Geocoins, Cache-in Cache-out,and the 2006 Jeep 4x4 Geocaching Challenge

Hi Riley:

I have no problem answering these questions.  These are all various tracable items...

Travel Bugs - A travel bug is a "dog tag" that can be purchased from Geocaching.COM.  The tag has a unique number and is attached to a trinket of some sort.  The trinket is then carried from one cache to another and tracked online via the unique number.  Frequently these travel bugs have a specific goal, for example, to visit Hawaii.  If you find a travel bug you may help it on its way or just simply "log a find" by using the travel bug number.

Geocoins - Work the same way as a travel bug except the trinket is a coin with an engraved number on it. There are thousands of personalized geocoins out there and many have a unique icon on GC.COM.

Cache-in/Cache-out - This is a special type of geocaching event in which everyone picks up trash in a park.

Jeep 4x4 - This is also just like a travel bug except it was sponsored by Jeep.  When you found one of these you either wrote a story or took a picture about some geocaching event/hunt.  This story/picture was submitted to Jeep and they randomly picked one story to win a brand new 2006 Jeep 4x4.

For more info be sure to check out this website:

Let me know if you need any additional information!

Nathan (Lotus)

I can answer questions about Geocaching rules, customs, and guidelines. I can also provide advice about what types of features you should look for when buying a GPSr for Geocaching. I also provide assistance in solving puzzle-related Geocaches (or at least my best attempt - no guarantees).

I have been an active Geocacher for over 4 years and have over 2000 finds and 100 hides.

I use a Garmin GPSMAP 76CS.