Geography/Old Maps on New Maps

Question
Hello.
Do you know of any website that will allow me to transpose an old map on to a modern map ? I'm trying to locate the site of a number of buildings in England from the 19th century that have since been demolished; I've found an old maps site with the buildings marked but not a site that will show both old and new maps together.
Thanks

Answer
you can use "transparency" tools to "transpose one map on the other. They will need to be of the same scale. Is is difficult to see what information comes from which map unless two distinctly different colours are used at 50% transparency each. Usually, the information from one map is drawn physically ("drafted" ) onto the other and then reprinted.

Here is a website that does transparency for free: http://www.mergeimages.com
It needs much expertise to get the required output. I ran out of patience!

Regards
RRG

Geography

Rangutan