Geology/Shiny silver rock..

Angel of Truth wrote at 2010-05-17 03:42:32
That is God's Gold The Was Spread Unto The Earth Because he is Awesome at Making us Gold and Silver. Anyway, Enjoy and May The Peace of Life be with you, that you remain in this Kingdom of Heaven

TY wrote at 2011-10-26 18:26:35
I have a piece of the same stuff I think it comes from Dupont I don't any more than that I would like to know more of what its made of?

rey wrote at 2012-01-10 20:08:38
hi, i actually have one just like it.. it wasnt made by any operation.. it is real, take out of the mines in santa barbara chihuahua.. mine still have dirt around it when it was given to me..  

Richard wrote at 2012-03-29 20:16:21
That would be true but I have the same rock and it isn't magnetic. If it was steel it would stick to the magnet I have been trying to figure out what this stone was for some time now it hard. I tried to scratch it with my fingernail and it didn't scratch I have had this rock since 96 and it has never chipped. If anyone has anymore info I would greatly appreciate the in put.

Lance wrote at 2012-04-04 17:17:29
This is a natural mineral ore.  Possibly galena or hematite.  It is not a slag.

Lance wrote at 2012-04-04 17:17:42

Lance wrote at 2012-04-05 14:13:45
What you have is an iron formation with specular hematite.

Shirley wrote at 2012-07-07 19:22:27
We have 3 pieces of it one little piece one good hand full chunk and one pretty big chunk am fascinated by it and would like to know more on it.      thanks

Adriana wrote at 2012-08-14 18:07:28
Is the stone the same galena stone? is this stone toxic for using it in jewellry?

Thanks a lot

Camilla wrote at 2012-11-07 00:47:14
This rock seems common because we have also found eleven samples resembling the one you are showing. It is not metallic slag from a smelting operation if you look it up...and i have found that it is not magnetic. Thanks for sharing I would like to know the answer too!!!

Kidd Frost wrote at 2014-06-12 16:51:17
I got the same kinda stone here I was just doing some research on. I found mine in Pennsylvanian. This was the only photo I found of it so far, kinda wanna know more about it.

Geology

C. Robert Reszka, Jr.