Geology/silver rock

Cookie Rojas wrote at 2010-08-02 02:54:27
My sons and I were walking on a railroad track about 45 miles south of Louisville, KY this past weekend and found the same kind of rock.  I believe that it is a piece of metallic slag from a smelting operation.  See this link for further info: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Geology-1359/2010/2/Shiny-silver-rock.htm

energy123 wrote at 2010-11-21 05:50:41
my neighbor just gave me some of the same rocks you described, and said he found them near the railroad tracks. small world. i'm in LA. He called it peter.

dreyfuss1212 wrote at 2013-12-02 04:50:44
I live in Michigan and you can find these rocks just about everywhere along the railroad track. If we have the same type of rocks(darker silver color)

dreyfuss1212 wrote at 2013-12-02 05:03:45
I'm almost 100% sure that these rocks are called Antimony there used to harden metals and are used in batteries so they are pretty common (depending on where you live) i live maybe a mile from a train track that heads down toward Detroit and they are common all along these tracks and im certain they use them to harden metals that are used in cars.  

Chris Monroe wrote at 2014-05-23 07:16:10
Just wanted to say I today found a rock very similar and around the same location. I found it on the track in Lebanon junction ky very interested in finding out just what it really is.

Geology

C. Robert Reszka, Jr.