Geology/rocks

Paola wrote at 2011-05-22 17:18:56
Hi I found the same type of stone last year. I found it at Sliding Rock in Brevard NC.

Joe wrote at 2011-09-14 10:41:42
I have a very similar piece I found this summer in a river as well. It's smooth, shiny, less heavy then a rock. Approx 1x2 inches.  

barbara wrote at 2013-01-27 21:56:28
While cleaning out my new apartment, I came across this same stone I a rock collection left by the previous tenant. I live in MA and the rest of the collection consists of local rocks. I'm very interested to find put exactly what this is.  

GeologyPro wrote at 2013-09-20 17:49:09
Obsidian or Smokey, both variety of Quartz!! SiO2 chemical structure  

The cleavage properties of obsidian can produce sharp edges naturally  

Donnie wrote at 2014-06-05 21:10:30
hey i have found the same rock been tryin to figure out what it was in alabama  

Geology

Fraser Hamilton