Geology/identify this please

Jac wrote at 2014-08-23 18:11:28
Hi John,

I found yesterday a similar rock, like the one you describe bull quartz with silvery flecks (you recognized it  as mica). I can send you a photograph of this rock if you are interested. The strange thing is that i found it in Greece on a shore of south Aegean sea! The beach was fill with this silver flakes blended with the sand. After googling, l learn  that not very far away (about 140 miles) people were digging for gold in ancient times (about 400 bc)

Hope i am posting my answer/question in the right place.

Best regards

Sherry wrote at 2015-12-09 03:04:05
I have the exact same rock, actually I have a few rocks like that. My grandfather was a miner from Cobalt Ontario and also ran a mine in Wawa Ontario. Are you able to tell me how much it's worth? I've kept this for 15 years and planning on passing these rocks to my children.

Mining and mineral exploration. Environmental issues.

Over thirty years conducting environmental consulting firm combined with mineral exploration in Canada. Considerable experience with photo-geology

Associated Content,,

BS Excelsior College, Albany NY