Geology/Indus Fossil

Sir, my question is what are Indus fossils.

Dear Shahnawaz,

Eid Mubarak,

Index fossils  are fossils which define and designate  specific geologic periods (or faunal stages) If the living species concerned were short-lived (in geological tome scale and lived for short tim, i.e, few hundred thousand years and then extict), then it is certain that the sediments in question were deposited within that narrow time period. The shorter the lifespan of a species, the more precisely different sediments can be correlated, and so rapidly evolving types of fossils are particularly valuable. The best index fossils are common, easy-to-identify at species level, and have a broad distribution—otherwise the likelihood of finding and recognizing one in the two sediments is minor. (also known as guide fossils, indicator fossils or zone fossils)

The answer is prepared with the reference with following link

Hope this answer will help you.

As always ready to answer to you.

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist