• Home
  • Science
  • Geology
  • Geology
  • Differentiate formation water & condensed water with respct to water salinity (cl values) in Lower goru B & C sands

Geology/Differentiate formation water & condensed water with respct to water salinity (cl values) in Lower goru B & C sands

Question
Assalm alekum Sir,

I hope you will be fine. Sir, How could you Differentiate formation water & condensed water with respect to water salinity (cl values) if the well is producing gas from Lower goru B-Sand or C-Sand. Is there any cl range or limit by experience? For instance 0-3000 ppm can be condensed water and anything > 3000 ppm will be formation water. Certainly you will see WGR and other parameters as well but I want to know with respect to cl values or salinity of free/formation water in these sands.

Best Regards,

Moien

Answer
Moien
Wlaikassalam,

I am not an expert for the region you are talking about. However, as I know the salinity of the formation water is around 65000 ppm.

Below are some references from the ATC Proceedings.

Study On Oil & Gas Distribution In The Badin Block   by Sayeed Ahmad   (1999)

Zaur Structure - A Complex Trap In A Poor Seismic Data Area by   S.M. Mozzaffar Alam,M. Wasimuddin, S.M. Sayeed Ahmad   (2002)

You will find some more papers on Badin area in the many ATC Proceedings, where you may be able to find answer to your specific query and other questions you may have.

Geology

Nusrat Kamal Siddiqui (Mr)