Geology/rock identification

Mike wrote at 2014-12-30 15:29:52
I agree with the answer given as I have one like it a little larger. Mine was found in western Michigan about 35 miles east of lake Michigan in my grand Fathers' back 40. I too would like to know just what it is. judging  from the markings, and where it was found I believe it was formed by the ice age melt down at that time there was a lot of moving water. But I'm no expert by no means.

Fraser Hamilton

I have over 15 years of professional experience in the environmental geology field. I am well versed in general geology types of questions and answers. In addition I have a keen understanding of physical stratigraphy (especially in the Valley and Ridge of Central PA) and cycles.

Eight years of education, fifteen years of professional experience. Have worked or studied in ME, PA, TX, KY, IN, TN, OH, WA and Scotland.

Geological Society of America
American Association of Petroleum Geologists
Properties Magazine
Cleveland Bar Association
Cleveland Engineering Society

BA Geology/Math, University of Maine at Farmington
MA Geology - Physical Stratigraphy, Temple University
Post Grad Studies Geology - Texas A&M University

Distinguished graduate teaching award, Temple University