dear sir. i wanted to do my thesis on pari wali area potwar basin. can you please tell me what kind of work i can do in my thesis

Dear Mani,

Thanks for sending me question.

It's interesting that you like to work on the field which was discovered back in 1994 by a  team I was also the members .

As a geoscientist I think you have to study onthe structure style and hydrocarbon habitat of the field.

Let me explain what this title is all about; In order to study the structure style, you need 2d or 3D seismic data have to and complete the interpretation to prepare structural maps on various reservoir levels with the calibration of well logs and geological data. That's the basic and first step.

Afterward, you need to describe the faults and fold geometry of the field after seismic interpretation and have to give the rationale of the structural deformation (this means to write a story why and when the Pariwali structure folded and when faults were activated and why?)

Also, describe the variation of hydrocarbon type  in different reservoirs and also need to determine the source rock and the timing issues which means, when the oil and gas have been generated, migrated and accumulated.

For this study you need seismic data, well logs, well reports, well testing reports, oil and gas  chemistry reports,regional data, etc.

For the time constraints, you can also confined your study to one level of reservoir instead of many which will be very time consuming.

If you are smart and quick learner the whole project can be completed in one to two months.

Tariq Hasany

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist