Geology/petroleum engineering

Sir,my name is joshua oyeto,a student of the university of benin,nigeria.I want to present a paper at the society of petroleum engineers students' conference.I don't hav any topic on my mind.I need you to suggest a topic for me,especially one related to a current challenge in petroleum exploration and production.I have a Good know-how of reservoir characterisation and enhanced oil recovery.please I need your help.I will research more on the topic myself.thanks sir

Dear Oyeto,

Tanks for sending me your question.

I understand that you love to present something but you have not yet completed any project yet.

Never mind I would give you some advise and which ever is convenient you may choose.

One of the easiest way for presenting paper is to share your past work with audiences in conferences such as any study or interpretation of your own work.

Please select a field where you have easy access  of data (either public domain or company confidential) and present case study.

Topic would be something like that;

1) Improved time drilling results in oilfield XYZ using new type of bits and bottom hole assembly.

2) Successful pressure control in ABC field while drilling after using New drilling fluids.
3) Identification of by passed oil zone in XYZ oilfield using new logging tools
4) Improved oil production rate after gas and water injection in field ABC
5) identification of new clastics reservoir by new 3D seismic in 20 years old field (XYZ) with successful hydrocarbon testing.
6) Fracture logs identified on FMI enhance the production on an earlier untested carbonate reservoir in ABC field.

These are few topics and I would suggest to contact your local oil company who can provide you more relevant topics and also support you by providing data. For topics, sky is the limit.

I hope you understand what I am trying to suggest.

Tariq Hasany  

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist