I have come across a rock well alot its like a vaine of quarts theres little bits of gold around the peices the rock is clear tinted green is it worth anything?

Hi Rodger,
Without a picture, or better description, it's impossible to tell the worth of your specimen.  Quartz and gold are often found in conjunction but so are quartz and pyrite.  There are many green rocks, so that won't help.  

Send another question and attach a picture with something for size reference (a coin works well#. Also, where did you find it #what State, at least)?  Does the gold colored mineral scratch easily?  

With this info, and a pic, I might be able to, at least, let you know if you have something valuable.

C. Robert Reszka, Jr.

I can answer any general geology question (rocks, minerals, stratigraphy, geomorphology etc.). My expertise is in the geology of the Michigan Basin, PreCambrian, Paleozoic and Recent. I can answer questions concerning mining and petroleum exploration and production and the laws concerning those activities. I can also answer questions concerning stratigraphy of the Michigan Basin. I will also answer questions about mineral and rock collecting in the Basin. I won`t be able to answer many specific questions on hydrology, geophysics or geochemistry. I may be able to answer very general questions in those venues.

I have been working for the State of Michigan for 36 years as a Geologist and a Resource Analyst. I have experience with Subsurface Geology and Petroleum Geology, mining in Michigan, and Sand Dune Mining and Protection issues.

Michigan Basin Geological Society

Decade of North American Geology.
Bedrock Geology of Michigan

BS Wayne State University