Geology/Quarts

Question
I have come across a rock well alot its like a vaine of quarts theres little bits of gold around the peices the rock is clear tinted green is it worth anything?

Answer
Hi Rodger,
Without a picture, or better description, it's impossible to tell the worth of your specimen.  Quartz and gold are often found in conjunction but so are quartz and pyrite.  There are many green rocks, so that won't help.  

Send another question and attach a picture with something for size reference (a coin works well#. Also, where did you find it #what State, at least)?  Does the gold colored mineral scratch easily?  

With this info, and a pic, I might be able to, at least, let you know if you have something valuable.

Bob

Geology

C. Robert Reszka, Jr.