Geology/silver colored heavy rock

silver layered rock
silver layered rock  
Can you identify this rock? It is layered, silver colored and somewhat iridescent. (glows purplish is certain light) It is very heavy. A little girl gave it to me 30 years ago. She said her dad found it in a field. I don't know any more about it. I live in southern Ohio where the rock was found.

Dear Sir
It is rock with mineral content-however it is difficult for me to come to conclusion
Local geologist will examine and will name the rick-kindly consult

Dr D.Venkat Reddy
Professor of Geology
Editor- in -Chief -International  Journal of  Earth Sciences&Engineering(ISSN 0974-5904)
Editor -in -Chief-International Journal of   Biological Sciences and Engineering- IJBS
Editor-in Chief -int Journal of Advances Structures Geo technical Engineering-IJASGE
Department of Civil Engineering
National Institute of Technology,Karnataka,(NITK)

Dr D.Venkat Reddy

Engineering Geology,Mining geology,commercial petrology,Decorative and dimensional stones,Hydrogeology

20years texhing and reserch expireience in geology,enginnering geology for graduate and undergraduate students-reserch guidance,10years field exoireience conducting field camps for geology students=Presently Assistant professor in geolog

NITK-National Institute of Technology,Surathkal,Mangalore-DK,India Geology section Dept of Civil Engineering

published 70 research papers.( 4 books)- Editor in Chief-International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering -1.Engineering Geology for civil Engineers-oxford &IBH pub-1996] 2.Decorative and dimensional stones of India-CBS Pub-1997 3.Engineering Geology-Vikaspublishers2010 4.Applied Geology-Vikaspub-2010

MSC(GEOLOGY),Osmania university,India, MSC(Tech )Hydrogeology,OU,India PhD(GEOLOGY)OU,India

Distinguishing Indian Award Editor in chief-International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering (

PRESENTLY WORKING =Professor of Geology-Dept of Civil Engineering NITK-INDIA