Geology/tight sand gas reservoirs in Asia

QUESTION: Sir, I wonder if you can help me with the knowledge of tight sand gas reservoirs in Asia. Can you please share me a brief knowledge about their
1. Basin name and basin type.
2. Average permeability.
2. The geologic period they deposited.
3. Estimated GIIP and recoverable reserves.

Thank you!

ANSWER: Dear Wang,

Thanks for sending your question to me and for your interest in tight sand.
Unfortunately the type of data you need is difficult to get and I am not able to answer this question. I can answer more about the general information.

I am sure you understand and I am sorry I am not able to help you in this regard.

QUESTION: Hi, professor:
Thank you for your answers.
I wonder if the basin name and basin type could be provided, that would be very kind of you.
Thank you

Dear Wang,

Thanks again. I really appreciate your interest in Tight sands reservoirs.

Tight sands reservoirs or basin centered reservoirs (less than 1 mD permeability) have been found in almost all Asian Basin. These sands are deposited in deeper basin condition and usually associated with deep sea turbidite or sea floor fan.

I have tried to search through Internet few publications that may be helpful to understand more about Tight sands and those issues which are problematic while trying to explore or produce hydrocarbon.

Cambay Basin, India

Cambay Basin, India

Pakistan, Central Indus Basin

Global basin

Saudi Arabia

I hope these references will be helpful.

Do not forget to RATE my answer.

Thanks and I welcome you to ask more questions in future.

Tariq Hasany  

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist