Geology/UTP

Question
Dear Sir Tariq ,

Its my pleasure to be once again here seeking your advice .

In our previous dialogue , you shed light on the pros and cons of pursuing one's Masters in the university of Petronas , Malaysia .
Today , I intend to further my knowledge by allaying a few more reservations I have regarding this University .

Since , you are aboding in Malaysia , hence , I am more than sure that you would very well satiate the queries of mine .

Query # 1 ::
------------------

Here please acknowledge the Link below for the M.S.C in GEO-Sciences programme of Petronas University :

http://www.utp.edu.my/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=139&Itemid=22

Since , Petronas University is not offering an independent programme for "Geo Physics " , therefore , evaluating the course content of its  MSC programme in Geo-sciences (whose Link is pasted above ) , are your confident  that one who would opt for this course will be able to meet the rigorous demands of the field of GEO-PHYSICS ? Also ,Will the courses in the degree suffice to convince the Companies to consider the M.S.C degree holder as a potential candidate for an interview /evaluation procedure .

Query #2 ::
------------

How are the international students (From India ,Pakistan ) who gradute or post graduate from the Petronas University  deemed by the Malaysian Oil & Gas Companies  for possible employment ? To put it simply ,How bright or Gloomy are the job prospects for us Non-Malaysians post-gradute  in the Malaysian Oil & gas Market if we obtain a degree from the Petronas University  ?  

Thanks & Looking forwards to hearing from you real soon

Regards & Respect
Aashar

Answer
Dear Asshar
Thanks for sending me question. Here are my short answer to your questions;

Q-1. Yes
Q-2. If those foreign students have completed successfully from UTP, I think the chances to get jobs are not very bright in Malaysia due to need to provide jobs to locals first.

However, I have  no data available about students placement in local industry  to suggest you about it with confidence. I would suggest you to write to University itself and ask their opinion about the possibility to work in Malaysia after completing degree and the local immigration laws if they allow foreign students to work.

I hope this answer will be helpful.

Regards

Tariq Hasany

Geology

Syed Tariq Hasany