Geology/Geology/ Petrogreolgy

Question
Thank you for your quick response but You might have missed, the section regarding the scope and salary ranges.

I have recently done my A-Levels and  I have 2 options left namely: Chemical engineering or geology ( both from karachi university). However my objective is to go towards the petroleum site by doing a  masters in petroleum in either one of them. I have an interest in jobs which require more field work, basically the petroleum extraction part. So can you please guide me that which field will be best for me and more reliable for going towards the petroleum site. So please tell me about the SCOPE of these fields in Pakistan or abroad( U.A.E) and their salary ranges. Thanking you once again.

Answer
Sammad,

I think I touched upon the comparative scope of the two subjects earlier. Chemical Engineering have wider applications but in our culture people do not care about the preventive measures in general. But in the Industry it is important. Future belongs to maximizing production from the existing oil discoveries than to find new oil. In that scenario Chemical Engineering has an edge over Geology, both in Pakistan and abroad.

Can not comment about the salary. It has been changing rapidly due to the inflation and economic crisis the world over.  

Geology

Nusrat Kamal Siddiqui (Mr)