Geology/Gilsonite Processing

Joe Norris

Dr Trista Robichaud guid us to ask you as an expert who could help us.

We have a Gilsonite mine and selling raw Gilsonite.As you konw Gilsonite,
or North American Asphaltum is a natural, resinous hydrocarbon.
Indeed, We are going to processing raw Gilsonite and product pure Gilsonite and
related products. We are going to access to knowledge that enable us to excise the
hydrocarbon from Gilsonite.
So we need information and technology to reduce Gilsonite's ash to produce pur Gilsonite
in order to produce related product.
In other side, we are looking for some company as vendor or partner.
We would appreciated you if you kindly help and guide us to solve problem.

Do you know somebody interesting for partnership? Or are you interesting to help us
as a consular (consultation service)?

We are looking forward to hear from you kindly. We apologize for weak English (we read and
translate English excellent, but our writing is weak).

Your Sincerely

Jam Kama
Production Manager

Gilsonite is the registered trademark for a form of natural asphalt found only in the Uintah Basin of Utah, USA; the non-trademarked mineral name is uintaite or uintahite.  This unique mineral is used in more than 160 products, primarily in dark-colored printing inks and paints, oil well drilling muds and cements, asphalt modifiers, foundry sand additives, and a wide variety of chemical products. The trademark, registered in 1921, belongs to the American Gilsonite Company.

That said, I have been in the Gilsonite mine near Bonanza, Utah, and am very familiar with the general operation and deposit.  I have little doubt that I could again visit the mine if there was a reason to do so.

I am an economic geologist and much of my work has been in valuing deposit/companies for investors, banks, other lending institutions, or others interested in the value of their deposit/company.  Because of this involvement I am very familiar with many international companies interested in economic mineral deposits.  However, if the deposit is in Iran it is very douthful, because of the political climate in Iran and the relationship that exists between Iran and the "free world", that I will be able to find an interested investor. If the deposit is outside of Iran and the deposit is economic, I am reasonably sure that I can find an interested investor.

I would; however, be interested in assisting you as a consultant.  My email address is  

Joe Norris

I am an economic geologist. An economic geologist does mineral evaluations and appraisals of mineral or mining properties. I can tell you if your deposit has value - remember that a mineral deposit, no matter how good, only has value when mined. Any value assigned to a mineral deposit, in the ground, is only the speculative value that deposit.

I have been a economic geologist for most of my 35 year career. Although I have done work in perhaps 45 states and numerious countries much of my work has been in Appalachian coal, intermountain west gold and silver, and Arizona uranium.

Past President of the Virginia Section of the American Institute of Professional Geologists and a certified geologist in twelve states.

BS Degree from Eastern Kentucky University. Work on MS Degree @ Eastern Kentucky University, Colorad School of Mines & Marshall University Numerious short courses on the value of mineral deposits and how to value same. Also several short courses dealing with the different types of geologic processes; sedimentary, igneous, metamorphic along with the mineral associated with each.