Geology/Petrogreolgy

Question
I have recently done my A-Levels and  I have 2 options left namely: Chemical engineering or geology. However my objective is to go towards the petroleum site by doing a  masters in pertoleum in either one of them. I have an interest in jobs which require more field work, basically the pertoleum extraction part. So can you please guide me that which field will be best for me and more realiable for going towards the preroleum site. So please tell me about the scope of these fields in Pakistan or abroad( U.A.E) and their salary ranges. Thanking you once again

Answer
Dear Sammad,

Petroleum geology would be an optimum choice if you intend to do field work. Well site geology is another alternative option. I used to suggest always that you should look at your own capabilities first before making a decision. If you think you can do it and  you have such skills, you should go for it simply.

Salary wise, I am not sure. In Pak, start salary is low but progressively increases. It could be just 30-40k PKR in the beginning and after some years you may reach to 150k or even higher. In UAE, I do not have any idea about the start package.

Geology

Farrukh Qayyum