Geology/phd study

Question
dear sir ,i m from Iraq and i have a scholarship from my government so i need t prepare   a proposal research i want to work on 3D seismic modeling and reservoir because Iraq is an oil country and we need this technology  such as the application of the seismic inversion technology at certain localities within Iraq or any other place with 3D seismic data. so if can provide any new idea to do a proposal research in this field.

Answer
Dear Lamees,

I am sorry for the delayed response. Though, I have already answered your question but I was notified that answer has not reached to you.

So here is again; In order to select subject and title of your Phd you have to consider the availability of adequate and meaningful Geological, seismic and engineering data that allow you to work with maximum  data control. For this, you have to find out from your government if they can generously allow you to use it.

Following titles I like to suggest;

1) 3D seismic structural modelling of any oilfield (check with your own resources which oil field data is available)to define the fault and fracture system and quantification of the intensity and azimuth of the  fracture system with respect to distance from fault.

2) Production behavior in faulted and fractured reservoirs of any field in Iraq in carbonate reservoir with the help of 3D seismic modelling.

3)3D modelling of any Iraqi oilfield where more than two reservoirs exist and hydrocarbon has different characterization (for example when API, chemical properties physical properties are different)in order to rationale why this difference exist and how similar phenomena may help to predict hydrocarbon type in any unexplored structure/prospect.

4) 3D velocity modelling of any rock where one rock facies are considerably varying in nature (for example; thin sand and shale interbred reservoirs, or patchy porosity layers of reservoirs) The modelling will allow you to develop a methodology to interpret in any other area where similar conditions exist).

Please feel free to ask more questions if you need clarification about my answers.

I think I can help you in future as well once you start writing your research proposal.

Regards

Tariq Hasany  

Geology

Syed Tariq Hasany