Geology/Rock Indentification

Question
Micro Geode???
Micro Geode???  

Red-Gray clay
Red-Gray clay  
I found this little rock in my farm (picture 1), inside a green-blueish sediment layer. Is it a geode? Also very close to this layer, among some other weird stuff, there is some kind of gray-red clay layer (picture 2), could you please tell me what it could be. Thanks a lot...

Answer
Hi Luis,
Good deduction!  Picture one is indeed a geode.  It's hard to tell but it might be a quartz geode.

As for the other rock...it looks like a very fine grained sandstone with some iron staining.  The iron staining is probably from microscopic iron minerals that were carried through the rock by groundwater.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Geology

C. Robert Reszka, Jr.