Geology/Masters in Environmental Geology?

Roosterbluelips wrote at 2012-12-03 06:56:45
Interesting. Tim McCormick and Marty Koopman are contracted to work for BP through ASRC on the north slope. Both are project leads and neither have an engineering degree. Koopman has a BS in Geology and McCormick doesn't seem to have any sort of related degree. So much for BP's safety culture! McCormick, as project lead, showed The Grinch Who Stole Christmas at one of BP's "safety meetings". Anyway, no doubt you could get on with ASRC and go to work for BP. Hopefully though you'll have enough integrity to become qualified to be a project lead first. Best of luck!

Keith Patton

I can answer questions concerning physical and historical geology, environmental geology/hydrology, environmental consulting, remote sensing/aerial photo interpretation, G&G computer applications, petroleum exploration, drilling, geochemistry, geochemical and microbiological prospecting, 3D reservoir modeling, computer mapping and drilling.I am not a geophysicist.

I have 24 years experience split between the petroleum and environmental industries. I have served as an expert witness in remote sensing, developmental geologist, exploration geologist, enviromental project manager, and subject matter expert in geology and geophysical software development.

American Association of Petroleum Geologists
American Association of Photogrammetrists and Remote Sensing

Bachelor and Master of Science
Registered Geologist in State of Texas