Geology/Cave Structures.

Dear Michael

Are Caves always Closed Structures ?. i.e. The Entry and Exit Points are always the same. There can be multiple entry points to enter the cave structure but the entry points will be always the exit points ?. Exit point i mean is coming out of the cave structure. For example in a Theater hall the entry (To enter the Cinema Hall) and exit (To exit the Cinema Hall) points may be different.

Will there be any specific advantages if exit points are created /constructed (only if exit points do not exist) within the cave
structures ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hello Prashant

Glad you are interested in caves - there are many fascinating systems. The links are for maps on a few - you can find many more on the internet.

The Quintana Roo Yucatan caves are vast interconnected systems with entry through cenotes (sink holes). I don't understand your point with entry vs exit - in most cases you can enter and exit through the same point and there can be one or many for a particular cave or cave system.In a cave system you may exit one cave by entering another. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Michael Goff

I have over 20 years experience in Hydrogeology, I can answer questions about water resource development, well construction and testing, artificial recharge and general groundwater topics.

I have worked as a consultant in Florida and California, I have worked for the water utility in Las Vegas, NV and am now working as a consultant in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I have designed, constructed and tested numerous production and artificial recharge wells and managed the largest direct injection AR program in the US.

Bachelor of Science Degree - Geology - Western Michigan University, 1986