Geology/Hydrogeology as a career path

Question
Hello Michael, I'm a undergraduate student at the University of Karachi. So, in your opinion, how is hydrology as a career path in the US and also in the Middle East?. I intend to get a Masters degree. The job, scope, salary etc. Thank You

Answer
Hello Raza
I have been in Hydrogeology for over 20 years. There are many fields of Hydrogeology - I have worked mostly in water supply. I also worked a little in contaminant hydrogeology but did not personally enjoy it. Mining Hydrogeology is very busy right now but just a few years ago there was no work.

Water supply has been pretty consistent since I started working as far as salary and job availability. I'd suggest researching in the Internet - Earthworks.com and Monster will have jobs and salaries listed. It has been a good field for me and I am sure that if you are a hard worker and flexible in your goals you will be successful.

Good Luck and Best Regards

Mike

Geology

Michael Goff