i recently discovered some oil seepig from the ground and formig a small puddle on the ground could this mean there is more is it worth anything

If it is really oil, and if it is really seeping from a natural source, then you should be able to recover it.  I am surprised that no one else has found it..  There has to be a near surface source, it is likely finite in size, but there might be some value.  You will probably have to find a way to extract it, collect it and then get it to a refinery to make any money.

Good luck.

Fraser Hamilton

I have over 15 years of professional experience in the environmental geology field. I am well versed in general geology types of questions and answers. In addition I have a keen understanding of physical stratigraphy (especially in the Valley and Ridge of Central PA) and cycles.

Eight years of education, fifteen years of professional experience. Have worked or studied in ME, PA, TX, KY, IN, TN, OH, WA and Scotland.

Geological Society of America
American Association of Petroleum Geologists
Properties Magazine
Cleveland Bar Association
Cleveland Engineering Society

BA Geology/Math, University of Maine at Farmington
MA Geology - Physical Stratigraphy, Temple University
Post Grad Studies Geology - Texas A&M University

Distinguished graduate teaching award, Temple University