Geology/petroleum geology

Question
I have been given a n inline and x-line section for my 3D seismic cube.i was told to map out the fault and the horizons containing amplitude anomalies. what kind of geoligical information will i get after generating the amplitude map.thanks

Answer
Dear Seun, Thanks for your question and sorry for the delay.
Amplitude is one of the seismic attribute and it has varied applications some important ones is given below.
Analysis of seismic data attributes, in particular seismic amplitude is used  to determine variations in reservoir lithology,morphology and possible connectivity between reservoirs. Porosity, clay content, and oil saturation (in that order). Knowing this, it is highly probable that a suitable amplitude-based seismic attribute would correlate strongly to a composite reservoir parameter formed by combining these properties.
Further in addition On the interfaces between seal rocks and reservoir gas saturated rocks very high reflected amplitudes are usually produced.
The especially high reflected amplitudes, called bright spots, appear on the seismic sections recorded above gas reservoir rocks.
Thanks,
Kothandapani Manoharan

Geology

Manoharan Kothandapani alias Manoharan