Geology/query regarding admission in phd

i am doing my masters in geology from india  and i am a little bit confused that whether i should do my phd from india or should apply in an institute from u.s. and please do suggest me some good institutes as well as faculty both from india as well as u.s.
Moreover i am little bit confused about which field should i choose...

It would be very kind of you if u could help me....

Dear Sir/Madam, Goodmorning!

Thank you for your question

Geology is very good course and having promising future in coming days. Lot of opportunities are opened up in many areas nowadays. Regarding your question about your Ph.D, Indian IIT s (IIT, Bombay, Kanpur, Kharagpur etc) offering Ph.D course. For admission to these you have to appear for GATE. In addition to IIT s, many Indian Universities including IISC, offering Ph.D either directly or by simple entrance test.

Regarding admission of Ph.D in to foreign Universities, Australia, USA (Princeton University, Okalohama etc), and German (Ruhr University) Universities offering Ph.D degrees. But to complete Ph.D course in Foreign countries it will take much time and pure dedication.

Regarding Faculty, After getting score in GATE, You can approach any Guide in Geology at your choice, provided some vacancy is there with him.

In foreign Universities, Only University will provide you the guide.

Applications  of Geology i.e petroleum Geology, Engineering Geology, Rock Mechanics, Geotechnical Engineering are good fields you can choose.

with regards and hoping for the best.

sincerely yours

Dr D S Subrahmanyam

All questions related to Geology, Geotechnical Engineering (especially in-situ stress, in-situ Deformability and Shear investigations) required for underground tunnels and excavations, Dimensional Stone Mining. Can't answer Soil dynamics related to Geotechnical Engineering

Geology and Geotechnical Engineering and Dimensional Stone Mining

National Institute of Rock Mechanics (Govt of India)

International Journal of Mining Engineering and some other Indian journals

Doctorate in Geology

Reviewer for 3 International Journals