I want to know about a question. Sir i know about the location of Balkassar, Joyamair,Chaknaurang, Fimkassar and Missakeswal Oil Field
location in Upper Indus Basin Of Pakistan. I want to know about that these fields are located in Potwar Basin or Kohat Basin. Either these are located in western part or eastern part of Upper Indus Basin. Kindly tell me about these fields exact location in Upper Indus Basin.

I will be thankful to you.

Kohat Basin lies west of Indus River and north of Shinghar Range. So all these fields are in Potwar. If you draw a N-S oriented line, dividing Potwar into two halves, they all fall on the eastern side; hence they are located in eastern part of Potwar. Better use the term Potwar for this region, and not 'upper Indus Basin'.

QUESTION: Thank You.

Sir Kindly tell me about the Chaknaurang and Joyamair Field exact location in which district it is located in Pakistan.

You better find a district map of the region and plot the wells. I do not have those maps.

QUESTION: Kindly tell me some reference paper, book or any other material in which i get complete details of these fields amd area. Sir, If you have some of these give me link.

Take hold of the PAPG-SPE ATCs Proceedings or the HDIP Journals, and you may find relevant details.
It will be detrimental to your future if you develop a short-cut approach to your assignments and responsibilities. For your own good don't just delay the things, and then become panicky as the dead-line is around the corner. You must learn how to catch a fish!
The time ahead is very tough. You may not be happy with my comments now, but better follow them lest you regret, say after a decade or so!

I regret that you did not take my advice in good esteem.Your loss! I am not much interested in the rating thing, but as it followed my above response I thought making the exchange of mails public. Still I have not asked AllEpert to restrict your access to the site.

Think again about my advice, for the sake of your future!

Nusrat Kamal Siddiqui (Mr)

I am a petroleum exploration geologist with about 40+ years of diversified experience. I can answer questions on stratigraphy, log interpretation, field studies based on set of logs and core results, general geology etc. Can provide guidance for career planning in earth sciences. Can not help in questions about hard rocks, igneous petrology & mineralogy, sequence stratigraphy and seismic.

Petroleum Exploration - field geology, stratigraphy, prospect generation, interpretation of satellite imagery (visual), log interpretation.

Retired in May, 2006 as Senior Manager Exploration from Pakistan Petroleum Limited after serving 26 years. Since then continuing in active service with petroleum exploration companies.A cumulative experience of about 40 years covers 30 years in petroleum exploration, 5 years hydrogeology experience in Libya, and about 5 years of dam geology in Pakistan.

-AAPG Bulletin (Vol.88, July, 2004); paper on Sui Main Limestone (Eocene), a prolific gas reservoir in Pakistan. -Have presented papers on diversified topics ranging from spirituality, flood control, remote sensing and off course geology in France, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, UAE, Kashmir, India and Pakistan that have been published in respective Special Proceedings. -ONGC Bulletin(India) Vol. 44, Number 2, December, 2009; Chapter 19.A & 19.B on basin architecture and stratigraphy of Pakistan, p.402-474.

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science in Petroleum and Structural Geology. PGD from ITC, The Netherlands.

-Remained Active Member of AAPG from 1990-2006; founding member of PAPG (a local affiliate of AAPG). -Life member of SEGMITE & AGID, and Senior Editor of SEGMITE magazine. -Member of the Board of Studies, i. Department of Petroleum & Gas Engineering (BUITMS, Quetta), and ii. Geology Department, Sindh University, Jamshoro. -Member of Stratigraphic Committee of Pakistan. -Represented Mining Journal, UK in Pakistan till 2007. -Chairman of Annual Technical Conference (ATC)& Oil Show, an SPE/PAPG annual event, in 2003. -Chairman Technical Committee (ATC, 2002).