Geology/Rock type

Question
Rock
Rock  
Hello,

My daughter found an interesting rock at her school (refer to the attached picture). As you can see the rock is grey in one bit and has white crystal bits in other areas. The other side of the rock is mostly grey but has a bit of red tinge.

I would like to know:
- what type of rock it is
- how old it is;
- and how it was made

She loves this rock and if you could answer these questions she would be very happy.

Thanks

Joel

Answer
Rock is aggregate of natural minerals
Rocks are broadly grouped into igneous-sedimentary and metamorphic
Rock age can be determined by radiometric dating-experts can give date in laboratory
Attached picture I am unable to identify the rock
Any geologist can identify picking specimen by hand-can u consult local geology
u can read the details from general geology books-web sites on natural rocks
Prof DVREDDY-India

Geology

Dr D.Venkat Reddy