Geology/Strange round rock identification

Pieces together
Pieces together  

Cut open rock
Cut open rock  
Good Afternoon,
A friend has asked me if I could identify the attached item/rock! He found this in his paddock in Central NSW Australia (foothills of Mt Canobolas - extinct volcano). He said that it was in a prominent position which he had not noticed before and wondered if it was from "out of space". I personally do not think that to be the case and possibly think that it's a concretion or a kind of amygdale? It is very light and there are hundreds of layers "onion rings" which are silvery, it is very flaky. After cutting it open he said that he tried to melt some of the internal metal which had flaked off with an oxy blow torch and it took several minutes to melt! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Kind Regards Hayley

Dear Sir
Kindly consult petrologist from Geology dept-He can identify
Layers formed due to natural weathering of rock-It may be drifted from original place in geological time
Rock may Igneous rock- -difficult to name
Dr D.Venkat Reddy
Professor of Geology
Editor- in -Chief -International  Journal of  Earth Sciences&Engineering -IJEE

Published by=(Cafet Innova Technical Society -CITS- Hyderabad-AP-India)
Department of Civil Engineering
National Institute of Technology,Karnataka,(NITK)

Dr D.Venkat Reddy

Engineering Geology,Mining geology,commercial petrology,Decorative and dimensional stones,Hydrogeology

20years texhing and reserch expireience in geology,enginnering geology for graduate and undergraduate students-reserch guidance,10years field exoireience conducting field camps for geology students=Presently Assistant professor in geolog

NITK-National Institute of Technology,Surathkal,Mangalore-DK,India Geology section Dept of Civil Engineering

published 70 research papers.( 4 books)- Editor in Chief-International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering -1.Engineering Geology for civil Engineers-oxford &IBH pub-1996] 2.Decorative and dimensional stones of India-CBS Pub-1997 3.Engineering Geology-Vikaspublishers2010 4.Applied Geology-Vikaspub-2010

MSC(GEOLOGY),Osmania university,India, MSC(Tech )Hydrogeology,OU,India PhD(GEOLOGY)OU,India

Distinguishing Indian Award Editor in chief-International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering (

PRESENTLY WORKING =Professor of Geology-Dept of Civil Engineering NITK-INDIA