Geology/About Suleman Fold Belt

Question
Why sulaiman fold belt is not considered as a part of Indus basin?

Answer
Dear Mohsin,

Thanks for asking me question.

Sulaiman fold belt is the itself a basin of the Indus Basin due to its contrasting structural and deformation style,stratigraphy and physiographic terrain from its adjoining Indus Plains.

Although, It is considered a part of Indus basin by some; Indus basin is generally considered the those plains areas covering Punjab Plains and Sindh plains and extends further eastward inside India where it's also known as Bikaner Nagur Basin and Rajasthan Basin. This basin is covered by most recent sediments and rocks of Tertiary age are completed obscured by those sediments. The only information availaible to us about subcropping rocks is through the wells data.

Hope this answer helps. Do Not forget to RATE my answer if you are satisfy.

Regards

Tariq

Geology

Syed Tariq Hasany