Sir i need Sonic and Density log data of Dhulian well 43 and 41..Coz i know,
       You have a published paper on Dhlulian area, so i need Sonic and density log data of Dhulian well 43 and 41.if u have the data please send it to me.
         i will be highly thankfull to you,
         Azeem khan

Dear Azeem Khan,

Thanks for showing your interest in Dhulian data.

Pakistan Oilfields Limited (POL) is the operator of Dhulian oilfield and holds 100% working interest. My paper about Dhulian was published in 1998 when I was working as Exploration Geologist there and paper publication was approved by the management of the company. All the relevant data is owned by POL. I never have any data of Dhulian field except my own memories when I was working on the data. I can only answer your question, if specifically about Dhulian field, which would be based on the published material and publicly available open data, I am not in a position to tell you anything other than that.

Since the head office of the POL still is in Morgah Rawalpindi, I would suggest you to kindly contact them directly and request them for release of the data you need for your studies.

Alternatively, you may write to the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Resources to provide you help in this regard. There is no third option I have in my mind to suggest you. Any data you will get other than these two resources will be not a legal data and you may face trouble if the data owners know about it.

All oil companies technical and other data are regarded strictly confidential and not publicly available unless oil companies or Government agencies agree to share with any one which they may decide themselves or they publish their success stories in form of technical paper which you may use with due acknowledgment of the authors of the paper.

That's the way the geological and seismic data of any area is controlled and possessed by oil companies.

Hope, you will understand and select the better and legal way to get the data.

I wish you all the best for your success in your studies.

Kindest Regards  

Syed Tariq Hasany

MY HUMBLE REQUEST. BEFORE SENDING A QUESTION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULY. ANSWERING ONLY PUBLIC QUESTIONS. Ask questions of exploration of Petroleum, and specific regions for specific answers about Pakistan, Central Asia, Middle East and Far East. Ask questions of Business side of the petroleum Geology. Love to guide students and also Career related issues PRIVATE QUESTIONS on I am not expert of Hard rocks (Igneous and metamorphic rocks)Volcanic activity and related petrology, mineralogy and its exploration. BE SPECIFOC WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND ASK WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Show me your determination and commitment to learn. PLEASE TRY TO WRITE RIGHT, PROPER AND CORRECT LANGUAGE. DO NOT USE TEXT(SMS)STYLE. Thanks TARIQ

Petroleum Exploration

Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd

In Pakistani and Asian Petroleum Confertence special Publications

BSc Honours in Geology and Master of Science degree in Petroleum Geology

Active member AAPG, SPE and PAPG Treasurer PAPG and AAPG Visiting Geoscientist