Geology/economic geology

Question
sir i am fresh graduate in geology from Pakistan having research mind in minerals .sir on type of mineral is existed in north part of our geographical locations mountainous area called locally Salajet(in English called Sortex in Pakistan )  Sir my question is that, Have you any knowledge about this? If i want to find geological provenance what methodology i will adopt to get success in my research work? your answer gave me very helpful in this regard. thanks

Answer
I have never worked in these Mountains;however, I have worked in eastern Russia and Mongolia.  I looked on the internet and found a number of articles listed in the below link:

http://connection.ebscohost.com/tag/MINERAL%2Bindustries

If it were me I would start in the Pakistan Geological Survey and then the United States Geological Survey.  There is much work done outside of the US in the Survey.  I don't know if Pakistan has states or provinces but that would be another place to look if they have Survey's.  

Geology

Joe Norris